We face SOO many things (and have so many emotions on a given day) as moms in life. From taking care of your adorable children and providing the caring concern they need; to ensuring you’ve spent enough time to raise responsible kids, there is a lot that is required. If you imagine what it takes to be a great mother, you’ll realize that moms need daily doses of encouragement to keep them going. For that reason, let’s dive deep into a list of encouraging words for moms and quotes every mother needs in all stages of motherhood.
Whether you are a new mom or an experienced working mother, there is no doubt that we all need a pick me up when things get hard. We all feel exhausted, overwhelmed, or insecure at one time or another in this journey. Keep reading for a few quotes to help you navigate your way through motherhood, especially in those extra hard times of motherhood.
From the most inspiring mom words and quotes, you will find peace in these inspirational quotes for mothers in this post. Let’s jump right in.
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. You can read our entire affiliate disclosure here.
What do you say to a struggling mother?
Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad.
When we are weak, when motherhood is hard, an encouraging word can go a long way! When we are struggling, a positive word can give us that glimmer of hope we need to keep pressing forward.
For mothers, struggles mean a lot of things most people may not understand. Think about the taking care of sick stubborn kids, attending work and school meetings, or changes in your marriage and redefining relationships after children. These and more are the seen, and unseen struggles mothers go through. As such, below are a few encouraging words for moms who are struggling.
Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! Psalm 139:23-24
The first place we should always go when we struggle is to the Lord. When motherhood is hard, prayer is the best place to find answers, encouragement and strength. It is also a place where we can go to reveal spaces in the motherhood struggle where we could grow.
Motherhood is hard, but you’re the best, and you’re doing the best you can
As a mother, the first quote of encouragement you need every time you wake up is a reminder that motherhood is challenging, but you’re doing your best. Imagine the waking up early and preparing kids for school, sitting down with teenagers for a piece of advice, and more. While these tasks may be challenging, they aren’t impossible.
As a mom, you are doing great; you make mistakes but don’t forget you’re victorious and blessed.
Indeed, there is nothing harder for mothers than thinking about their imperfections through motherhood. If you’ve ever faced such feelings or guilt or comparison, this quote is for you. Reminding yourself, you are human and makes mistakes, and not perfect; can help you have much more relaxed and things start to fall in place with less struggle.
- Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you.” Isaiah 35:4
- “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know” ~Mitch Albom
- Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance. Psalm 42:5
- “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future, but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories” ~Honore de Balzac
- “Giving grace to yourself is never more important than when you became a mother.” ~Whitney Meade
Words of wisdom for new mothers
As a new mother in the block, you not only need a supportive partner and finances but also enough wisdom to walk through the motherhood pathway which many mothers before you have walked.
These words of wisdom include quotes, thoughts and scriptures to encourage your new journey.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
Before a new mother gets lost and starts to wonder what it means for their new stage, encourage her by reminding her that her motherhood journey was divinely purposed. The child you carried is a part of the plans that God created you for.
“Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you never knew existed” ~Linda Wooten
For new moms, everything is new. From the nights of little sleep to reclaiming a body that you sacrificed for your little one to grow. Reminding them, they have strengths they didn’t know they have, encourages them to feel they’re fully prepared to face what comes their way despite being new to motherhood.
O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. Psalm 139:1-2
You were made for this. Insecurity often runs rampant in new motherhood. You question every decision you make. Should you breastfeed for longer? Should you co sleep. Should you pick up your little one every time they cry.
It is important to encourage new moms that they are capable of caring for the little ones they hold. The decisions that they make whether it is to supplement with formula or nurse for two years are exactly what your little ones need.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
One of the struggles of new-motherhood is the very real truth, that no matter how prepared you think you are, bringing in that new little one brings about a whole new level of “WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING??” This scripture reminds you that no matter what is going on, you can trust in the Lord, he will direct you! You’re completely capable!
Successful mothers are not those who didn’t fail but those who didn’t give up – Unknown
As a new mother, you’ll be faced with fears when it comes to giving the best life to your child. When this happens, the best quote is to know that successful mothers aren’t those who never faced challenges but those with the heart of a lioness who don’t give up.
This quote reminds every new mother to keep their head up and see challenges as a testimony when things work for the best. Sure, as a mother, you will one day need to stand in front of other new mothers who will need your word of wisdom.
A baby is something you carry inside for nine months but in your heart for a lifetime. – Unknown
That little bundle of joy you carry and then deliver, will change you. They will wrap themselves into your heart. They will smile and you will melt. That is okay! Embrace that, enjoy it, and know how much of a blessing it is!
The choice of becoming a mother is the choice of becoming the most significant spiritual influencer there is. – Oprah Winfrey
Hearing words of encouragement for mothers from successful women who started from scratch is what you need for your daily dose of mom-encouragement quotes. This quote comes from one of the iconic ladies in the motivational speaking and movie breakthrough industry, Oprah Winfrey.
According to the star, new mothers need to realize that becoming a mother gives you the unique ability to influence the heart and soul of someone else from the beginning. Taking this quote to heart can increase your desire to work on your own spiritual health and growth.
Motherhood teaches you how to put someone else’s happiness ahead of your own – Unknown
As you can imagine, a new mother needs to hear that her motherhood journey is a God-given ability to keep other’s happiness ahead of her own. This quote helps all mothers build strong beliefs about their world and can bring a change that spreads love and peace globally.
There is no formula to motherhood; all ways are unique – Undoubted Grace
As a new mother, what you need to hear is that there is no standard formula for motherhood. As you start your journey of taking care of your little ones, you’ll want to know that whichever strategy you use to raise your kids is as unique as you are in this world. Walk boldly in the power that you were created for the children you have created.
A new mother’s great job is to teach her children how not to need her all the time
As a new mother, you may have seen many mothers deeply loving and forgetting that their kids need lessons that would make them independent. This is one of the best quotes for all new mothers to be reminded that teaching your little ones about not always needing her is a sure way of boosting their success.
Inspirational working mom quotes
Okay working moms, this section is for us! Balancing work and home life is the battle of all working moms! You spend your whole day giving 100% to your career, making sure that you are serving the space in the workforce you were called to, and then building up the strength to give your all at home.
Because of this dichotomy of identity, we could use consistent encouragement. Because of this, a working mother could use the following inspirational quotes:
- There are days when I struggle with wanting to be a full-time, stay-at-home mom, and feeling guilty about that because I work – Tori Spelling
- Mama, you’re a rock star and You’ve got this – Undoubted Grace
- As a working mom, your focus on work and family indicates your love for success; you’re a heroine – Undoubted Grace
- Nothing is impossible with God – Luke 1:37
- You’re the most valuable person who knows how to manage things in life – Unknown
- And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for. 1 John 5:14-15
- When you’re a working mother, you’re teaching the world how to take responsibility beyond human capacities – Undoubted Grace
- No human influence is as powerful as that of a working mom – Undoubted Grace
- May he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen. Hebrews 13:21
- Everyone wants to save the earth; working moms save humanity – Unknown
- And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Philippians 1:6
- You can be a great mom, and when working, you’re a champion – Undoubted Grace
- A working mother is a like a glue; at work and home, she binds it all together. – Unknown
Words of encouragement for stay-at-home moms
My mom, who is literally the most amazing and strong person I know! She put her all into raising my siblings and I and made our success her dream! She stayed home and made our home the perfect oasis or learning, love and understanding.
I know staying home is tiring and is more intense than nearly any job out there! Its something many can not do. Here are some words of encouragement for stay-at-home moms:
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- Never forget it is important to do things for others AND yourself – Undoubted Grace
- I’m so happy and thankful I made it a point to be a stay-at-home mom – Candace Cameron Bure
- You’re worth millions compared to most working humans – Unknown
- A mother continues to labor long after the baby is born. —Lisa Jo Baker
- It’s not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings. —Ann Landers
- You are not failing if you need to take a break – Undoubted Grace
- You’re a superwoman, Walk in that Power – Undoubted Grace
- All mothers are working mothers. —Author Unknown
- Even when people don’t say it, you’re loved and appreciated. – Undoubted Grace
- God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble Psalm 46:1
Encouraging words for moms of teens
While I am not yet to the place of being a mom of teens, I was once a teen that likely put my own mom through quite a bit of stress. With the hormones that have always been a present factor in motherhood stress during teenage years to the new hazards and stressors to our growing littles, this season of motherhood can be quite taxing.
So many of us moms go through a lot and need motivation for raising teens in this modern age. We may go through the ringer of emotions; anxiety, anger, frustration, confusion, guilt and stress. Here are encouraging words for you:
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
- Parenting teens makes you a relationship-building superwoman.
- “We mothers have a wonderfully precious and truly powerful role to play in the future self-images of our daughters. The model of our own empowerment gives our daughters permission to be powerful.”– Melia Keeton-Digby
- When your teen starts thinking they know everything, give them time – Unknown
- Hug your teen and feel their thank you – Unknown
- Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16
- When you feel frustration boiling over, choose Grace; it will always win – Undoubted Grace
- Parenting teens helps you find a more adventurous spirit – Unknown
- As a mother of a teen your love and support can do wonders for the emotional fortitude of your teen – Undoubted Grace
- “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.” 1 John 2:1
Motivational quotes for tired moms
I know you may be tired, mama. You are the one who your sick babies seek in the middle of the night. You are the one that your littles ones come to for snacks, homework help, and nighttime snuggles.
Perhaps at the end of the day, you question if you are actually making a difference. Maybe you are wondering if you are always going to be the exhausted mom. At those times, here are a few words of encouragement for moms to keep you going:
- Come to me, all you who ae weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
- As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. – Maya Angelou
- When things feel exhausting, know that you’ve done your best – Undoubted Grace
- You’re carrying the world, exhaustion is temporary, but the impact you are making will last a lifetime – Undoubted Grace
- The angel of the Lord came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.” So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God. There he went into a cave and spent the night.” 1 Kings 19:7-9
- “There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed, but in the eyes, heart and mind of your child you are Super Mom.” – Stephanie Precourt
- Even when tired, you’re a commander of love and success for your family – Undoubted Grace
- Motherhood has no shifts, don’t let exhaustion takes the place of your responsibility, its okay to take a moment to breath
- Motherhood is challenging but you CAN do it – Unknown
- No language can express the heroism of a tired mother – Undoubted Grace
Be encouraged, You’ve got this!
Whether you’re a working, staying home, or tired mother, be encouraged. You may be overwhelmed, but if you focus on the good take time for yourself, and embrace the fact that sometimes your best is just getting through the day, you will find peace in your motherhood journey!
I pray that these encouraging words for moms remind you that You can do this friends. You are infinitely more capable than you give yourself credit for! Your babies love you! Everything is going to be okay!